The Niger State Geographic Information System, NIGIS is established and backed by statute to undertake the re-certification of all titles granted by Niger State Government as well as the regularization of titles from the natives and other sources among other functions.
the agency having commenced operations hereby request members of the public and corporate bodies who own land anywhere in Niger State to come forward and re-certify / regularize such titles, via the procedures put in place by NIGIS, details of which are stated.
- For the process of re-certification of titles in Niger State, all holders of right of occupancy within Niger State shall;
- Obtain forms from Niger State Geographic Information System (NIGIS) which can also be downloaded or filled online from www.nigisservice.comfor direct re-certification and for regularization of titles
- Upon due completion of the re-certification/regularization application forms, submit same to NIGIS together with the following;
- Copies of bank teller evidencing payment of the re-certification/regularization application fee at the Bank specified by NIGIS for the purpose.
- Submit the original certificate of occupancy evidencing the right of occupancy. Where the holder of the right of occupancy is yet obtain a certificate of Occupancy, the holder shall submit a copy of the right of occupancy, allocation document, deed of assignment or power of attorney of title; and
- Submit 2 passport photographs in the case of individuals and in the case of companies, submit a certify copy of the Certificate of Incorporation and particulars of directors (form CO7).
- Upon submission of the re-certification application form or regularization application form, as the case may be, together with the items listed in (II) above, NIGIS shall acknowledge receipt of same and where original C of O is submitted, cancel the same original and return a copy thereof, marked “canceled” to the applicant;
- In the case of Bank tellers evidencing payment, NIGIS will retain a copy and return original to the applicant with a payment receipt evidencing transaction.
- NIGIS shall therefore verify the title of the applicant and the document submitted in support of the re-certification.
- If NIGIS has cause to doubt the authenticity of the applicant’s title or of any document submitted in support of the application, it shall notify the applicant of this fact accordingly, and invite the applicant to resolve any conflict or disparity;
- When upon verification of applicant’s titles or resolution of any conflict, or disparity, the holder’s title is confirmed to be genuine, NIGIS shall invite the applicant to its office where at a picture representing the true likeness of the applicant shall be taken;
- The applicant’s picture shall then be scanned into a new C of O which shall be issued to the applicant by NIGIS.
- Application Form Fee for Re-certification – N3,000:00
- Application Form Fee for Regularization – N5,000:00
- Re-certification Fee - N15,000:00
- Regularization Fee - N10,000:00